Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Bid to Rebuild
This is what CRAFT is all about: community. Good friends of my husband and I, that we met while teaching at the Orgeon College of Art and Craft in Portland, Oregon, had a studio fire in their current studio in Rhode island. It was a wood working shop and they lost everything in the fire. Devastating in s0 many ways. Can you imagine?! So a friend put together this auction to raise money for them to get their feet back on the ground. Here are some shots from the blog: bidtorebuild.blogspot.com. It is a great idea AND there is some great work on here. I wanted to share both with you all.
Please check your insurance policies now. And if you do not know about CERF, Craft Emergency Relief Fund, google and bookmark.
Bleed Your Lines + Keep Your Propane Outside,